TrueVIS VG Series FREE UPGRADE
Three Important Notes on the Upgrade
- Be sure to note the following issues when changing from TR/TE ink to TR2/TE2 ink.
- Output results with TR2/TE2 ink will be different from that with TR/TE ink.
- TR ink and TR2 ink cannot be used together. Ink combination (CMYKCMYK, CMYKLcLmLk, CMYKLcLmLkWh) cannot be changed. Only the same ink combination you are currently using is supported.
- The printing speed of VG series combined with new TR2/TE2 ink is changed.
- Please be sure to check details.
Printing mode Ink configuration After Upgrade (m2/h) Before Upgrade (m2/h) High Speed 4-color 15.2 17.5 7/8-color 10.1 11.4 Standard 4-color 12.8 14.2 7/8-color 7.6 8.3 High Quality 4-color 9.6 10.6 7/8-color 5.7 6.3
- Various previous data settings on the RIP will need to be updated to meet the requirements of the upgraded VG-640/540. The settings from before the upgrade cannot be used because they do not support TR2/TE2 ink.
- Be sure to prepare new TR2/TE2 ink (a full ink set), Cleaning Liquid Pouch for TR2/TE2 ink (1 set), and Manual Cleaning Liquid for TR2/TE2 ink (1 bottle) before upgrading*. Unless you have these items readily available nearby, you will not be able to complete the upgrade.
*This Free Upgrade does not include TR2/TE2 ink, Cleaning Liquid Pouch for TR2/TE2 ink, Manual Cleaning Liquid for TR2/TE2 ink and new TU4.
STEP 1Prepare the items required for the upgrade.
STEP 2Perform a printing test and check the condition of print heads.
STEP 3Install the specified firmware and replace the ink.
STEP 4Upgrade the RIP to the latest version of VersaWorks 6.