NEWVersaUV LEC2-330, LEC2-640 UV Printer/Cutters
Designed by perfectionists for perfectionists
Taking UV print and cut to another level, the VersaUV LEC2-330/640 delivers unparalleled UV print quality, accurate color reproduction, integrated precision cutting and extensive media compatibility.
Create realistic packaging mock-ups, premium labels, stunning signs, exquisite point of sale displays, specialty graphics and much more.
• Premium quality prints: new ECO-UV EUV5 inks, the latest printhead and powerful LED lamps combine to optimize print quality down to the finest detail
• All-in-one solution: Print, cut, die-cut, perforate, varnish and emboss on a single device, on-demand
• Time-saving: Deliver a fast turnaround, with prints instantly ready for finishing and installation.
Choose LEC2-330 for
realistic packaging prototypes & premium labels
Satisfy your most demanding clients and bring their visions to life with truly convincing proofs and prototypes on a variety of actual press substrates.
Choose LEC2-640 for
specialty signage, POP displays, window graphics, interior decoration & more
When visual impact and high-quality is paramount to your customers, the LEC2-640 delivers crystal-clear detail, bold color and high-opacity white. Add mat and gloss UV ink for textured, embossed and other exciting stand-out effects.
Ink configurations for every business
Using the latest ECO-UV EUV5 inks for exceptional and premium-value printing, we go beyond CMYK to give you even more options and flexibility. Talk to a Roland DG expert about your print requirements to discover the ink configuration that’s right for you.
Generate a multitude of special textured effects, simulated embossing and spot finishes
Apply primer to the print area with precision for extensive media compatibility.
Print high-opacity white text and images or use as a base coat for dark or transparent materials.
Red & Orange Ink
With our True Rich Color preset, extend your available gamut and reproduce brand colors perfectly.
ECO-UV5 inks are GREENGUARD Gold certified, meaning they meet strict standards of low chemical emissions making them ideal for indoor applications.
Unparalleled print quality
An innovative printhead optimizes precision ink firing and control. New, more powerful LED lamps make ink curing even faster. As a result, small text, elaborate textured patterns, gradations and other details are reproduced with absolute precision.
An all-in-one compact solution
The LEC2-330/640 roll-to-roll devices can print, cut, perforate cut, varnish and even add special textured UV ink effects too.
VersaWorks 6 expands your print capabilities and maximizes the power of your Roland DG LEC2-330/640. With an intuitive interface, its packed full of features to speed up print production, aid color management and make your life easy.
|Extensive media compatibility
The LEC2-330/640 with EUV5 inks can print on a variety of substrates including foils, OPP, PE, PET film, window films, backlit, PVC, banner and other materials.
Support System for Peace of Mind
Roland DG provides extensive service and support throughout the customer’s business cycle. Roland DG Creative Centers provide product application examples and a variety of valuable information for starting or growing a business, Roland DG Academy helps customers utilize our products and software to their maximum potential, and Roland DG Care provides high-quality maintenance and repair services.
|Printing method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||182 to 762 mm (7.2 to 30 in.)||210 to 1,625 mm (8.3 to 64 in.)|
|Thickness||Max. 1.0 mm (39 mil) with liner for printing.
Max. 0.4 mm (16 mil) with liner and 0.22 mm (9 mil) without liner, for cutting
|Roll outer diameter||Max. 210 mm (8.3 in.)|
|Roll weight||Max. 25 kg (55 lb.)||Max. 40 kg (88.2 lb.)|
|Core diameter1||76.2 mm (3 in.) or 50.8 mm (2 in.)|
|Printing / cutting width 2||Max. 736 mm (29 in.)||Max. 1,600 mm (63 in.)|
|Ink||Type||ECO-UV (EUV5) 220 ml cartridge (White)
ECO-UV (EUV5) 500 ml cartridge (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, orange, red, gloss, and primer)
|Colors||Eight colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, orange, red, white and gloss)
Seven colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, orange, red and white x 2)
Seven colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, orange, red and white) and primer
Six colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white x 2, and gloss) and primer
Six colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, white x 2, and gloss x 2)
Four colors (cyan x 2, magenta x 2, yellow x 2, and black x 2)
|Ink curing unit||Built-in UV-LED lamp|
|Print resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1440 dpi|
|Cutting speed||10 to 300 mm/s (0.4 to 11.8 in/s)|
|Blade force 3||30 to 500 gf|
Roland CAMM-1 series blade
|Offset||0.000 to 1.500 mm (0.0 to 59.1 mil)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.025 mm/step (0.98 mil/step)|
|Distance accuracy (when printing) (4) (5)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance travelled or ±0.3 mm (±11.8 mil), whichever is greater|
|Distance accuracy (when cutting) (4)||
Error of less than ±0.4% of distance travelled or ±0.3 mm (±11.8 mil), whichever is greater. When distance correction has been performed (when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] - [CALIBRATION] has been made): Error of less than ±0.2% of distance travelled or ±0.1 mm (±3.9 mil), whichever is greater.
|Repeatability (when cutting) (4) (6)||±0.1 mm (±3.9 mil) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting (4) (7)||±0.5 mm (±19.7 mil) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media (4) (8)||Error of less than ±0.5% of distance travelled, or ±3 mm (±0.2 in.), whichever is greater|
|Connectivity||Ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10%, 3.0 A, 50/60 Hz||AC 100 to 240 V±10%, 3.2 A, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 290 W|
|Sleep mode||40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||1,945 (W) × 781 (D) × 1,316 (H) mm (77 [W] x 31 [D] x 52 [h] in.)||2,819 (W) × 781 (D) × 1,316 (H) mm (111 [W] × 31 [D] × 52 [H] in.)|
|Weight (with stand)||125 kg (275.6 lb.)||163 kg (359.3 lb.)|
|Environment||During operation||Temperature: 15 to 32°C (59 to 90°F), humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)|
|During standby||Temperature: 5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F), humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)|
|Included items||VersaWorks 6 RIP Software, Roland DG Printer Status Monitor, dedicated stand, power cable, blade, blade holder, media clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, cleaning liquid, drain bottle, user's manual etc.|
Specifications, designs and dimensions listed may be subject to change without notice.
- The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 76.2 mm (3 in.). To use 50.8 mm (2 in.) media, the optional media flanges are required.
- The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force. The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation. Temperature: 25°C (77°F), humidity: 50%RH. Roll media must be loaded correctly. Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used. Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins. Excluding expansion/contraction of the media. Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
- Print travel: 1 m (39.4 in.)
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE." Range for assured repetition accuracy. For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24 in.): Length: 4000 mm (157.5 in.). For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 8000 mm (315 in.)
- Provided that the media feed length is 3000 mm (118.1 in.) or less. Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media.
- Data size: 1625 mm model: 1000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 736 mm (29 in.) in the carriage-movement direction. No lamination. Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded. During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE." Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
|Operating system||Windows® 10 (32/64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32/64-bit),|
|CPU||Intel® Core™2 Duo, 2.0 GHz or faster recommended|
|RAM||2 GB or more recommended|
|Video card and monitor||A resolution of 1,280 x 1,024 or more recommended|
|Free disk space (HDD/SSD)||40 GB or more recommended|
|Hard-disk file system||NTFS format|
|Other||Internet connection recommended|