Basic Policy Concerning Protection of Personal Information
Roland DG Corporation will strive for the protection of personal information pursuant to the following.
- The Company will fully comply with the act on the protection of personal information and related laws thereto as well as other regulations.
- The Company will establish rules for the protection of personal information and strictly comply with such rules.
- The Company will implement reasonable safety measures against unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification and/or leakage, etc. of personal information.
- The Company will inspect the status of its compliance with the rules for the protection of personal information and continuously improve it.
July 1, 2020
Roland DG Corporation
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” means information pertaining to individuals which is information regarding living individuals and which may identify specific individuals based on names, birth dates or any other descriptions, etc. contained in such information (including information that may be easily combined with other information, thereby enabling to positively identify specific individuals), or information containing the identification codes of individuals.
Management of Personal Information
- The Company will endeavor to keep customers’ personal information accurate and up-to-date and to delete such information without delay when such information is no longer necessary.
- The Company will provide education and training in the protection of personal information to its executives and employees and endeavor to raise their awareness of personal information protection.
- The Company will endeavor to protect personal information of customers and will designate individual(s) who will be in charge of personal information protection.
- The Company will safely manage the personal information of customers and take reasonable safety measures against unauthorized access to personal information of customers, and the loss, destruction, falsification and/or leakage, etc. of such information.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company will lawfully collect personal information of customers in accordance with laws and regulations, and will not collect personal information of customers by deceitful or other dishonest means.
Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers
The Company will use personal information of customers within the scope of the following purposes of use as well as the scope of the purpose of use described in the other pages of the Company's website, or in the Company's individual notices or publications:
- To manage customer information such as the placement and receipt of orders, and the shipping and purchase history in relation to the selling of products and goods;
- To provide maintenance services concerning products;
- To deliver information and catalogues requested by customers;
- To recommend to customers useful products and goods, application of products or goods, campaigns, events and workshops, etc.;
- To deliver prizes or the like to customers;
- To reflect the opinions of customers in product development or the improvement or development of services; and
- To respond to opinions and requests from customers.
In the event the Company's use of personal information of a customer falls beyond the scope of the abovementioned purposes, the Company will inform the customer of such use in advance and obtain the customer's consent for such use.
Provision to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose personal information of customers to any third party, except when:
- consent is given by the customer;
- such information is used as statistical data and modified into a form that cannot be used to identify individual customers;
- it is deemed necessary to protect any material interest of customers or the public; or
- it is considered necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
The Company may outsource the handling of personal information of customers to third parties to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of its use. In this case, the Company will take necessary measures to ensure that the outsourced parties manage such personal information in a safe and appropriate manner.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company may engage in the joint use of its customers’ personal information in the manner set forth below:
Type of personal information of customers that may be provided:
Personal information of customers including name, company name, postal code, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, purchase history, type of agreements signed with the Company, gender, age, etc.
Scope of Joint Users
Subsidiaries of the Company
Purposes of Use by Users
- To enhance the services provided by the Company pursuant to the section entitled “Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” above.
- To achieve the purposes of use which are similar to the purposes set forth in the section entitled “Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” above, with regard to the products and/or goods of the Company's subsidiaries.
Names of those Responsible for the Management of Customers' Personal Information
Roland DG Corporation
Disclosure, correction or suspension of use of information
If a customer requests the disclosure, correction or suspension of use of his/her personal data, upon confirmation that the person making such request is the customer in question, the Company will disclose, correct or suspend the use of such information; provided, however, there is no particular reason not to make such disclosure, correction or suspension of use.
Protection of Personal Information at Linked Websites
The Company may provide links to websites of third parties on the Company's website; however, the Company does not administer their websites. We recommend that customers examine and confirm for themselves the privacy policies of such linked websites.
The Company has established a point of contact concerning the protection of personal information of customers as follows.
For inquiries concerning your personal information, or for requests for disclosure, corrections or suspension of use of your personal information, etc., please contact the following office:
Personal Information Inquiry OfficeRoland DG Corporation
1-6-4 Shinmiyakoda, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka-ken