Basic Policy Concerning Protection of Personal Information
Roland DG Corporation will strive for the protection of personal information pursuant to the following.
- The Company will fully comply with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and related laws thereto as well as other regulations.
- The Company will establish rules for the protection of personal information and strictly comply with such rules.
- The Company will implement reasonably safe measures against unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, falsification and/or leakage, etc. of personal information.
- The Company will inspect the compliance condition of, and continuously improve, its rules for the protection of personal information.
March 24, 2016
Roland DG Corporation
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” means information pertaining to individuals which is information regarding living individuals and which may identify specific individuals, including information that may be easily combined with other information, thereby enabling such information to positively identify specific individuals.
Management of Personal Information
- The Company will endeavor to maintain personal information of customers accurately and on an up-to-date basis.
- The Company will provide education and training in the protection of personal information to its executives and employees and endeavor to raise their awareness of personal information protection.
- The Company will endeavor to protect personal information of customers and will designate individual(s) who will be in charge of personal information protection.
- The Company will safely manage the personal information of customers and take reasonable safety measures against unauthorized access to, and the loss, destruction, falsification and/or leakage, etc. of, personal information of customers.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company will lawfully collect customer personal information in accordance with laws and regulations, and will not collect personal information of customers by deceitful or other dishonest means.
Purposes of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers
The Company will use personal information of customers within the scope of the following purposes of use as well as the scope of the purpose of use described in the other pages of the Company's website, or in the Company's individual notices or publications:
- To manage customer information such as the placement and receipt of orders, and the shipping and purchase history in relation to the selling of products and goods;
- To provide maintenance services concerning products;
- To deliver information and catalogues requested by customers;
- To recommend to customers products and goods, suggested utilization methods of products or goods, campaigns, events and workshops, etc.
- To deliver prizes to customers;
- To reflect the opinions of customers in product development or the improvement or development of services;
- To respond to opinions and requests from customers; and/or
Subsidiaries and distributors dealing in the products and goods of the Company may also use personal information of customers on behalf of the Company to the extent necessary to achieve the abovementioned purposes.
In the event the Company's use of a customer's personal information falls beyond the scope of the abovementioned purposes, the Company will inform the customer of such use in advance, and obtain the customer's consent for such use.
Provision to Third Parties (Opt-out)
In order to enhance services pursuant to the section “Purpose of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” above, or in order to do the same things as provided in the “Purpose of Use Concerning Personal Information of Customers” section in regards to the products and goods of subsidiaries of the Company, the Company may provide the following personal information of customers to the following parties in the following manner:
Personal information of customers may be provided to:
- Any subsidiary of the Company;
- Any distributor dealing in the products or goods of the Company or its subsidiary; and
- Any business partner who has entered into an agreement with the Company concerning the protection of personal information.
Type of personal information of customers that may be provided:
Personal information of customers including name, company name, postal code, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, purchase history, type of agreements signed with the Company, gender, age, etc.
Manner of provision:
Personal information of customers may be provided in electronic, digital of paper document etc.
With regard to the provision of personal information of customers to third parties other than that described above, the Company will not disclose to any third party personal information of customers, except in the event of the following:
- consent is given by the customer;
- such information is used as statistical data and modified into a form that cannot be used to identify individual customers;
- it is deemed necessary to protect a material interest of the customer or the public; or
- it is considered to be necessary under the relevant laws or regulations.
Please note that upon the request by the customer, the Company will discontinue the provision of personal information to such third party. If you wish us to stop provision of personal information, kindly contact the office in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below.
Disclosure and Correction of Information
If a customer requests the disclosure or correction of his/her personal data, the Company, upon confirmation that the person making such request is the customer in question, the Company will disclose or correct such information; provided, however, there is no particular reason not to make such disclosure or correction.
Protection of Personal Information at Linked Websites
The Company may provide links to websites of third parties on the Company's website; however, the Company does not administer such third party websites. We recommend that customers examine and confirm for themselves the privacy policies of such linked websites.
The Company has established a point of contact concerning the protection of personal information of customers as follows.
For inquiries concerning your personal information, or for requests to discontinue providing personal information to a third party, or for requests for disclosure or corrections of your personal information, etc., please contact the following office:
[Personal Information Inquiry Office]Roland DG Corporation
6-4, Shinmiyakoda 1-chome, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka-ken